Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tag, your it!

Actually, I'm it right now. My BFF Carol, from Knee Deep in Mommahood tagged me today. If you haven't already, check out her page for stories that make you laugh out loud about being a Momma of two beautiful girls.

So here are the rules of this bloggy game of tag:

Go to your photos > the eighth folder > the eighth picture
Then tell the story.

Here it goes! This picture was taken outside of my portable classroom at the beginning of the 2008 school year. The girl on the left was a student of mine the year before. She was a sweet girl, with a BIG heart, who enjoyed school. Her mom was a local artist in town that specialized in large murals and hand painted wooden cutouts. Since my classroom was a jungle theme, she made this beautiful giraffe welcome sign for the outside of my classroom door. What a perfect thank you gift! In four years of teaching, this was the most special gift I have ever received. Here is one more picture to show you the giraffe up close. The detail makes it look alive! If you are reading this, thanks LS!

After seeing what this momma could do, I hired her to create the decor for Abby's nursery! If you don't remember what that looks like, check it out. She is simply amazing! :)

Now it's my turn to say, "Tag, your IT!"
I'm tagging ...

- and -

Looking forward to seeing your pics ladies! :)

1 comment:

Sonora said...

I'm following the tag from Knee Deep in Mommahood. I love this tag. That giraffe is impressive. I am amazed at the talent some people have. I can barely draw a stick person. :)