Monday, December 21, 2009

THIS and THAT....

I always look forward to Abby's well visits to the doctor, but quickly remember how dramatic they can be when those needles come out. I can't stand watching her get those shots, she just screams and looks at me with that "why are you letting them do this to me?!" face. Poor thing. Besides the shots, Abby is doing excellent. She weighed in at 13 pounds, 3 ounces, which puts her in the 50th percentile for weight and her height puts her in the 25th percentile at 23.5 inches. Abby is just growing like a weed!
It was overall a great visit and a lot of my questions were answered. We were given the go ahead to start cereal whenever we are ready. Looking forward to that next step ... hopefully it goes well! The doctor expressed a bit of concern about Abby's neck strength since she still prefers to look to her right. It may be a mild case of torticollis, which can easily be reversed with some help. I'm doing things at home with Abby that seem to be helping a lot and we will probably have a physical therapist take a look and show us some things to do with her.

Cute random pic.... this is how I picked her up from daycare last week. The teachers put her hair in pigtails!! :)

In other news, Abby and I had a busy weekend with Aunt Jenny. She came to visit and spend some time with us! It was great and I already miss her company. We spent a lot of time playing with Abby, shopping, looking at Christmas lights, visiting Santa, and walking to the park. Jen and I had some time to ourselves too baking Christmas cookies and seeing the play "Annie." Here are some pictures to show off the fun we had together!

All smiles for Aunt Jenny ....

Abby enjoyed every second!

Abby's new friend... glow worm. She loves it, thanks Aunt Jenny!

No comments: