Tuesday, August 17, 2010

We made it + Photo Challenge

Well my friends... I am happy to announce... I survived the flight with an almost mobile, almost one year old on Sunday. I seriously lost sleep the night before, wondering if Abby would sit still long enough or if she would flail and cry in my arms throughout the entire flight. I was praying she would let go of being Miss Independent for one afternoon and give this Momma a break. Thankfully, that's just what she did. Abby gave me a break. She. was. wonderful.

Before we headed to the airport on Sunday, I received a phone call from one of my girlfriends. Since the Orioles were in Tampa over the weekend (perfect timing), a lot of Jim's teammates had their wives along for the road trip. Luckily Diana was headed home to Baltimore the same day and she switched her flight to travel with me and Miss Abby. We were SO lucky to have her traveling along with us. It was so nice to have a second pair of hands and another lap for Abby to bounce around on. What a blessing that was - thank you D!

Our family usually flies out of Sarasota, for its convenience and the fact that we can usually find a direct flight to Baltimore. However, this time there were no daytime direct flights, so I opted to fly out of Tampa. Thanks to my bestie for helping me out with that, I couldn't have done it without ya! TPA earned some major brownie points when I realized there was a play area for children right next to our gate. Whoever thought of this is a genius. Abby played her little heart out, crawling after the kids and trying to climb on the playground equipment. Needless to say, she wore herself out and slept in my arms for about an hour of the flight. What an angel. :)

So for the next month, you'll find us in Maryland... spending time with family and enjoying the last of these summer days. Yay!


In other news, I am participating in Shutter Love Tuesday over at Trendy Treehouse this week. The theme for this photo challenge is "Favorite Things" and of course I blog about my two favorite things all. the. time. Take a look for yourself. :)

Shutter Love Tuesdays Button

If you have a photo you'd like to enter ... join in the fun!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Glad you are enjoying your time with family! I told you the playland at the airport "almost" makes it worth the drive.

We miss you guys!

Meg said...

I love it when I can snap a great picture of my husband with one of our daughters (or all of them)!! This one is cute & cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Liz! I am SO happy everything went well! What a relief right? Enjoy every second of being close to your family- that is such a blessing to have all that time with them! Give Abby a hug and kiss from me! Miss you!

Sue said...

I can't agree more with your 'favorites'! You're all favorites of ours. Glad the trip went well. Enjoy special time with your family. xoxo