Saturday, August 4, 2012

Happy 4 months, Levi! *a day late*


Four months old.  Already?  Seems too quick.  This is the conversation that replays in my head every day ... and it's this conversation that reminds me to enjoy every moment, even the ones that exhaust or frustrate me.  Time is too precious ... and so is this handsome little man.


Levi has excellent head control and is super strong for being just four months old.  Sometimes I can't believe the things he is doing ... way before Abby ever did.  Levi is enjoying tummy time and swatting for toys on his playmat.  He has been rolling over from tummy to back since about two weeks old.  Crazy, I know ... and he started rolling over from back to tummy about three weeks ago.  It was a random middle of the night milestone that didn't repeat itself right away.  But now he is moving all over the place and rolling over quite often!

Levi smiles, giggles, and coos all. the. time.  He's getting quite the personality, probably from watching his sister who is full of energy, imagination, and love.  Abby is doing much better with her little brother and loves to be Mommy's helper ... with everything.  Levi loves snuggling with his Mama and it makes me so feel so blessed to have such a healthy, happy, sweet boy!

With Abby, we were just starting cereal about this time ... but I went ahead and started carrots and sweet potatoes a few days ago.  Levi loves both so far and seems happy to be "eating" real foods, even though he really isn't eating a whole lot.  We're just kind of playing with it, letting him experiment!

Sleep is getting much better.  We have awesome nights where Levi sleeps straight through for eleven hours.  Other nights, like last, are not so good.  Up at 1, 1:30, 2:30, eating at 3:30 and then up at 7.  Long nights.... but I'm lucky to have the great ones in between that leave me well rested.  Naps are getting much easier and slowly getting longer.  I love that Levi now realizes that nap time is in his crib and I can put him in drowsy, but awake and he will most likely go to sleep on his own.  Makes things much easier and not such a struggle!


Levi has his four month appointment this Tuesday, so I'll update more of his stats later this week.  I'm curious to see how tall he is ... he's already wearing nine month pajamas because his feet won't fit in six month anymore!  What a big boy! :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Sue said...

Can't wait to get my hands on that handsome boy again! xoxo