Monday, August 27, 2012

Fun at the Beach

Last weekend the kids and I headed to Ocean City for a somewhat spontaneous trip to the beach.  It was a short getaway with Aunt Heather, Justin, Emily, and YaYa.  We stayed at my aunt and uncle's place, which was right on the ocean with a beautiful view!  

It just so happened to be Abby's birthday while we were there so we spent her special day on the boardwalk.  This was her first time riding "big girl" rides, other than the carousel.  Videos to come later, I promise.  Little Miss had a huge smile on her face and kept making us laugh so hard.  


We spent some time on the beach, although not as much as I had hoped.  It's a little different than it used to be, having two kids in tow.  Gone are the days of listening to music and catching up on "Fifty Shades of Gray" as the waves crash.  It's more like eyes glued on Abby running to and from the water and making sure Levi doesn't get stepped on in his mini tent.  But ... it was all worth it.  We had a great time!


While we were in Ocean City, I passed on a few traditions to Miss Abby.  Every summer when my family vacationed at the beach, it was a must to get Thrashers fries, Fishers popcorn, eat at Generals Kitchen, and have pictures (Scopes) done.  So we did it all.  We kept ourselves busy, free of our normal schedule and routine, and had such a fun time.


It was special spending Abby's birthday weekend with family.  I sure missed the hubs while we were on our mini getaway, but I know there will be lots of beach trips in our future.  :)


Photobucket


No comments: