Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Our little getaway :)

I am happy to announce that our first weekend getaway was a huge success! I will admit that leaving Abby behind was not easy, in fact, I shed a few tears the moment we pulled out of the driveway and headed down the street. I knew I was leaving her with a loving family that would take the best care of her while we were gone. I knew she was going to be happy and have so much fun. So that wasn't my problem. AT ALL. It was hard for me to grasp that I wouldn't be able to hug her whenever I wanted or to be there to kiss her goodnight. I wouldn't be able to whisper "I love you" in her ear before laying her in her crib. But ... I knew that she would get hugs and kisses and "I love yous" all weekend long and that alone reassured me that everything would be okay. And you know what y'all, it was a perfect weekend.

Our first night in Houston was the "Welcome Party," thrown at the grooms favorite restaurant/bar. We were excited to see friends from baseball, meet new people, and celebrate the happy couple that would soon be wed. We enjoyed music, Mexican food, and a few several margaritas.

The hubs and I headed to "Cadillac Bar"

Afterwards, we continued the party in the hotel bar.
Shots, shots, more shots?

The next day came early since we had been up way past our usual bedtime. It was a bit chilly, but a beautiful day for a wedding. The ladies and I splurged on getting our hair styled and make up done. It's so fun to do things out of the ordinary, especially when you are getting all dressed up!

Matt & Tara
Beautiful!!

Ladies all dressed up ... and Jim & Matt.

Love this photo.
Look at how coordinated we are, matching dress and tie :)

The wedding was perfect. Everything from the weather, the music, the flowers, the colors, the company, and of course the beautiful bride. I am so glad we were able to share such a special weekend with two great friends. Jim and I are truly blessed to have met so many wonderful people throughout baseball. We wish Matt & Tara best wishes for the many years to come! :)

Everything about this weekend would not have happened if it wasn't for our dear friends that cared for Abby. Sue kept us updated with photos and videos the whole time, which was great! Jim and I got so excited to check our phones and see what our little girl was up to. Thanks to you (Sue, Mike, and Nick) for lovin' on our little Abby all weekend!!

I loved this photo ...
sure looks like Nick was excited to have a little "sister" around.

4 comments:

Carol said...

So glad you guys had a good time...and that you are back! That last photo is awesome, he looks genuinely thrilled to have a little sister!

Anonymous said...

You did it! You survived the weekend! That a girl! The pictures from the wedding are beautiful and I bet it was so fun to get all fancied up! If Abby could talk, I'm sure she would tell you the best stories from her weekend adventures, too. Glad you ALL had a great weekend! :)

Meant to be a mom said...

You look just beautiful in your dress at the wedding. The brides dress is gorgeous too. I'm so glad you had a good time, I don't blame you at all for not wanting to leave the baby behind. I have a problem doing that too. But sometimes its so nice to have a night or two away as an adult. It looks and sounds like you two had a blast. :)

Michelle & Jimmy Rivas said...

So glad to hear all went well with your get a way and that Abby had a great weekend as well. You look beautiful!