Saturday, May 1, 2010

Hello Sunshine ... stay awhile!

Today was the most beautiful day we've had since arriving in Baltimore. The sun was shining bright with pretty, blue skies. It was warm, but there was a breeze coming off the water. Since it was a great day to be outside, we took full advantage of enjoying the sunshine.

Of course, Mama had to have a mini photo shoot before going outside. This adorable black and white bubble outfit was given to Abby from her Aunt Heather and cousin Emily!

Our apartment building has a spacious courtyard with a beautiful garden. It was a perfect place to put a blanket down and play in the warm sun. When our pool opens, I'm sure we will be spending more time there too!

Always having a fun time with Daddy!

Abby attempting to crawl... she wants to so bad!!

The sunshine definitely helped us get through this day. It's been a tough one for us. As many of you know, Jim was optioned to Triple-A Norfolk. He will be there to work on his pitching and when he is ready, he will return to Baltimore. Thanks to everyone for your kind words and prayers. God has a plan and for some reason (unsure of that reason as of now) this will lead to bigger and better things for our family! A dear friend said today, "Every setback is a setup for an even GREATER comeback."

3 comments:

Michelle & Jimmy Rivas said...

Okay, you don't have to answer my FB message...now I know. I hope all works out for Jim and all of you. Sending best thoughts and prayers for your family. I'm sure things will work out great!
By the way I love that adorable outfit on Abby...sooooo cute!
All our best to you, Jim and Abby! oxoxox

Carol said...

Did Mandy make that bow? I love it! I wish my girls had hair! I love that pose in the last pic...it's just like the ruffle butt picture.

It's all going to work out. It's part of the game, and at least he isn't switching organizations left and right. Count your blessings - you have many! I miss you.

Liz said...

Carol, that was one of the bows that Melinda had her friend make. Isn't it cute? Chloe will have hair soon enough and she will love wearing all those bows you have for her!!

I know it will all work out and we are very lucky that we aren't getting traded and bounced around a whole lot. Hopefully this will be a quick stint! I miss you too!