Sunday, February 21, 2010

My First Blogging Award :)


I received an unexpected but very appreciated blog award yesterday from my friend Susan over at Learning for Lifetime. Susan is the person who welcomed me into the world of blogging. If it wasn't for her, I would not have had the pregnancy blog, nor would I have Abby's blog now. Thank you Susan for helping me record all these special memories for me, my family and friends to remember for many years to come!

The Sunshine Award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspire others in the blog world.

Here are the rules for accepting this award:

*Put the logo on your blog or within your post.
*Pass the award on to 12 fellow bloggers. (or like me, as close to 12 as you can)
*Link the nominees within your post.
*Let the nominees know they have received the award by commenting on their blog.
*Share the love and link to the person whom you received this award from.

With all that said, here are my nominees to the bloggers that keep me reading day after day. These blogs make me smile, laugh, and cry ... but one things for sure... I keep going back for more!

1. Carol of The Piersolls - Family of Four. Carol is my best friend, a person that I would have never gotten the chance to know if I didn't move to Florida. I enjoy sharing my motherhood journey with her, as she has two wonderful children of her own. Often times, it's hard for me to be away from family, but it's a lot easier with a friend that is just as close as the family you are missing. Abby and Chloe (Carol's youngest) are only five months apart and are BFF's. Carol's blog shares the joys and challenges of raising two little girls, ages 4 and (almost) 1!! Enjoy!

2. Michelle over at It's All About Jonah! Michelle and I met when I started teaching at Gocio. We taught together for four years and over this time became quite close. We were at such similar times in our lives, which brought us together right away. At the time, we were both with boyfriends and waiting to be engaged. Sure enough, we both got engaged, then got married, and even had our babies a week apart! It's been such fun sharing stories and seeing what our babies are up to each week. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention... Abby just loves Michelle's son Jonah! :)

3. Cara of The McGregor Clan. I met Cara through baseball. Her husband Scott was Jim's pitching coach for a few years and continues to be a major influence on Jim's baseball career. Cara was a lifesaver for me the day of our wedding. Scott married us and Cara made sure EVERYTHING was in line and ready to go. She is the type of woman that can keep you calm and make you laugh. I love reading Cara's blog because she blogs about family.... especially her grandchildren. It's almost like I know the whole family just by keeping up with the blog. I love it Cara!

4. Blair of Heir to Blair. I follow this blog, even though I don't know Blair in person. I came across this blog on a Mommy message board that we both belong to. Her blog about pregnancy and motherhood is very real and enlightening. I enjoy reading it... there are so many times when I think to myself... "I've been there" or "I've felt that way." I can really connect to her story, about the ups and downs of being a new Mommy. Might I add, she has a great sense of humor!

So there you have it... the 4 recipients of the Sunshine Award. If you have a minute, take a look at their blogs. Hopefully you enjoy them as much I do! :)

No comments: