Thursday, February 11, 2010

:) Daycare Fun :)

It's been almost three months since Abby started going to daycare. She goes twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, to give Mommy and Daddy some time to themselves. At first, I wasn't so sure about it... being that I'm now a stay at home mom. Here I was staying home to BE with Abby, but wanting some ME time. Didn't make much sense at the time, but now I love it! I have time to volunteer at school, clean, prepare dinner, shop, read, and most importantly just relax and take showers longer than 3 minutes. It has also given Jim and I some extra time to spend together.
I am very happy with Abby's daycare. Her teachers are great... young, motivated, and very creative! They do things in her classroom that I would never expect young babies to be able to do. Last week they had "noodle play," where they played with cooked spaghetti noodles. No sauce, just noodles. They took pictures of the babies playing with their noodles and it looked like a fun time! Down to the diapers... feeling new textures and just having fun!
Today I came home with Abby's first piece of artwork. That's right... at 6 months old (well almost) she painted a heart for her Mommy and Daddy for Valentine's Day!
I don't know how Ms. Katie and Ms. Andrea do it each day. They seem to really enjoy what they do and Abby just loves them! I'm glad we chose to send Abby... it not only helps us, but Abby is always happy to be there! :)

Doesn't it look beautiful?! Future artist?

Abby's footprints on our heart....

Playing at the park... Ms. Katie loves doing her hair at daycare :)

Just swingin'....

No comments: