Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Abby's 6 month Stats

Abby had her 6 month well visit with Dr. Meyer this morning. Abby smiled from ear to ear as soon as he stepped into the room. There is something about him that she just LOVES! Maybe it's his soft whispering voice, fun goatee to play with, or just how calm he is. I'm glad she enjoys visiting the doctor... it's the nurse she could do without! Those shots.... get me ... every... time.
Dr. Meyer said Abby was doing great and that she was "perfect Mom." I'm sure he tells this to a lot of patients and their moms, but it was great to hear. It made me feel like I'm doing something right, especially after a challenging week. Abby weighs in at 16 pounds, 2 ounces, in the 50th percentile. She is 26 inches tall, in the 60th percentile and her head circumference is 17 inches. This puts her in the 75th percentile. I didn't realize she had a big head?!?!
Very patient with all my questions, Dr. Meyer answered each one in his laid back fashion, making me feel comfortable with the newness of being a Mommy.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
In other news ... Since moving here to the "Sunshine State" five years ago, this has been the COLDEST winter yet! So the past few days have been extra special considering another cold front is on the way. On Sunday, Abby and I enjoyed the sunshine and spent some time at the park. Here are some pictures from Mommy's photo shoot. I love playing around with my new camera! :)
Just swinging the day away ...

Love this picture... the coloring is perfect!

Abby looking at the sand as she moves back and forth ...

So sweet ... look at those cheeks! :)

Another profile shot, playing around with fading the background.

2 comments:

Michelle & Jimmy Rivas said...

Liz, Thank you for the blog award! I'm so excited. Now I have to figure out how to link others on my page... I love these latest pictures of Abby! She's so adorable and it looks like she loves the swing as much as Jonah. Can't wait to see you both! oxox

cara said...

I love the pictures nice and clear, good lighting, you're doing great with your new camera. And YES it is cold here, bbrrrr! I thought I was going to thaw out when we arrived, but not yet.
Abby is adorable! Love the cheeks and her head isn't big. I'll have to tell you my theory on the left and right sides of brains for boys and girls and their head sizes when I see you! ha!