Monday, October 10, 2011

Baby No. 2 :)

For the past several days I've been meaning to post a pregnancy update, but have gotten sidetracked in some way or another. Sometimes life just gets in the way...

We were so excited to share our news with everyone last week, it seemed like forever that I was holding in a secret. Jim and I found out about Baby No. 2 back in August, the first week of August to be exact. I was only four weeks along but knew, just knew that something was different. From the start of this pregnancy, I have had a lot of the normal pregnancy symptoms. Fatigue Exhaustion, nausea, aversions and cravings for certain foods, soreness, cramping. Thankfully heading into the second trimester, I'm starting to get more of my energy back (not all) and the nausea seems to be easing up a bit.

It's been neat to look back in my pregnancy journal from when I was pregnant with Abby. Just a few things seem to be different this time around. With Abby, I couldn't eat red meat ... I couldn't even look at it without feeling sick to my stomach. This time around is quite the opposite and I've been craving steak. Often. Eating Chipotle was a big no-no with Abby ... but I guess I can handle the spicy flavors this time around. Yessss! I would hate to miss out on my Mexican cuisine. I'm also starting to show a lot faster and have already been thinking about breaking out the maternity clothes. I haven't given in just yet, but it won't be long. Ugh.

Abby doesn't understand that we are adding a sweet baby to our family ... but when asked where Mommy's baby is, she points to my belly. She is going to be a great big sister and quite the helper. At least I'm hoping she treats her baby brother/sister like her baby dolls. She rocks them, feeds them, attempts to change diapers, and loves on them most of the time.

I suppose it's time for the weekly bump pictures to start... check back on Wednesday for my 14 week bump :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

twentyfivedesignblog.com said...

Isn't it so crazy how different pregnancies are? I love looking back at my journal with Rylie and seeing the differences.