Monday, October 18, 2010

Packin' it up ...

The packing of many boxes began today and we are gradually taking apart what we have called home for the past six years. I have to admit, it's a bit harder than I expected. Yes, I'm ready to move. Yes, I can't wait to start the next chapter of our life in a new house. Yes, I love ... love ... LOVE our new house. But this little house holds a lot of memories and that's the part that makes it difficult to pack up our cozy home.

Abby thought she would skip her afternoon nap today to help us pack a few boxes. (How thoughtful, right?!) At first, she wasn't so sure about going inside the box, but after being tempted with a ball she was good to go! Then she realized she could use the box as a drum and had a bit more fun with that. Needless to say, we packed more tonight after Little Miss went to sleep.


Tomorrow more boxes will be packed and I'll be stopping over the new house to take a few photos for the blog. Stay tuned ... and please stay patient. I'll be back to regular blogging as soon as this craziness fades! :)

1 comment:

Carol said...

I love how kids LOVE to play with objects that aren't really toys. It's always sad to say "goodbye" but at least in your case, you can still visit the old house any time you want - Your goodbye is not forever, just yet ;)