Monday, July 12, 2010

A perfect end to the weekend ...

Last night was the perfect way to end the weekend. Kirsten (a friend that I don't see as often as I used to or as often as I'd like) came for dinner and to soak up some Abby time. I put my homemade ziti in the oven, Jim used his new gadget to grill some meatballs, and Kirsten put together a tasty salad with homemade Italian dressing. Needless to say, it was quite the yummy dinner. Don't worry honey, I'm sure next time you won't burn the meatballs. ::wink, wink::

After dinner, we enjoyed playtime with Abby.
She is quite the entertainer these days!

Abby loves to play with Kirsten!
Look at those smiles :)

Catching up with a great friend, enjoying a meal together (with my parents too!), and playing with a baby that can make us smile and laugh... What a perfect combination to end the weekend!

4 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

Sometimes getting together with friends is such a refreshing fun thing to do. Especially if you don't see them often.
I'm so glad you had a good time with your friend :)
Your dinner sounds so yum.
And that last picture of Abby and Kristin is so cute. Looks like they had lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I made the blog! Haha! I am SO glad we got together now that I'm back in town. And it's great that you are here for a bit of summer so that we get some extra time. I do agree, we need to see each other more often because we sure did have fun!

Susan said...

I LOVE the pic of Kirsten and Abby!! It's just so precious!! Have a great week...

LeeAnn said...

I found your blog through Carol's. I have seen plenty of pictures of your cute little Abby on her blog and didn't realize you were a blogger too. So "Hi"! Nice to meet you! I am following you now. :-) Cute blog!