Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Photo Dump


Last month the hubs and I (along with some of the Branca crew) went to Winter Jam up in Tampa.  For those of you who may not be familiar with Winter Jam, it's a Christian concert with a ton of talented performers.  With performers like Toby Mac, Sidewalk Prophets, Matthew West, and NewSong, I knew it would be a great concert.  I mentioned it to the hubs and surprisingly he offered to go, even though we had to make a pact.  The deal was ... he'd go to the concert, if I went to the gun range with him.  Deal.  

We made it to the gun range last week and I learned how to shoot a 9mm.  I wouldn't say I'm completely comfortable with it yet, so I would like to try it again.  (Hear that Jim?!)  If I'd ever need to use this gun in self defense, I need to feel 100% confident with the gun ... and myself.

In other news, I've been busy crafting.  I finally made a wooden sign for our home that displays the rules that our family follows.  I found the idea on Pinterest and had been wanting to try it for quite some time.  I love it!  I also used a Pinterest idea to create adorable Valentine's for Abby's classmates.  

A sickness has also swept through our house ... Levi started on Tuesday with a fever, horrible cough, and congestion.  His fever finally broke yesterday and was feeling more like himself.  Today however, he is very uncomfortable due to the congestion.  We just got back from our second visit to the doctor ... Poor guy! Abby has picked up the cough, but praying that is all. 

Thinking fresh air would do everyone good, I took the kids to the park yesterday.  Abby had fun playing with new friends and Levi took a cat nap in the swing.  Isn't that just too cute?!  We then spent much of the afternoon outside ... seems everyone was happier in the sunshine! :)

Praying for a relaxing weekend ... I'm ready to say goodbye to sickness and hello to beautiful weather! 

Happy Friday! :)


Photobucket

No comments: