Thursday, December 13, 2012

31, you don't say!

This past Tuesday I celebrated my 31st birthday.  Last year I welcomed 30 with open arms and a positive attitude, despite what others might have said about turning 30.  I'm so glad I did because 30 was an amazing year for me, for my husband, and for our family.  30 wasn't bad at all, so I'm welcoming 31 the same way.  Just another year ... and it's going to be a great one!

My birthday this year was really no different than any other day but that's what made it perfect.  Started off with my Pure Barre workout in the morning, followed by Abby's gymnastics class while Daddy took Levi to the chiropractor.  Then the dreaded dentist appointment to have a root canal.  Yes, I opted to have a root canal on my birthday.  Wow.  I guess I'm just really ready to have all my dental work done.  Almost there ....

Despite the discomfort and a little bit of tooth pain, we still went out to dinner. This was the best part of my day, by far.... being with the ones who are responsible for making my last year so special.  

                      

Two of my favs :)

                      

And then my evening after the kids went to bed ...
Ice pack, a glass of milk, apple strudel, some wine, and time with the hubs. 
Perfect. :)


My birthday surprise was extra special ... last night the hubs lined up a sitter and we headed to Cirque du Soleil with our friends Sam and Joe.  The show was awesome ... amazing costumes, incredible talent, and a great time with friends!  

So here's to 31 and making it just as wonderful as the last! :)


Photobucket

No comments: