Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Back in our home :)

It feels so good to be home, back in Florida that is. My sister Jen has been here with us since we arrived on Saturday and just left this morning. It was too short of a visit, but it was nice having her around while it lasted. We spent our time hanging out at the house, running a few errands, catching up with friends, eating our "Sarasota favorites", and searching for a frog in my new car. (Don't worry, we found the little guy ... dead... this morning)

It seems I was quick to forget the little things that I would miss. I mean, I knew I would miss my girlfriends. That's a given. I knew I would miss the everyday grind of our family being together ... again, that's a given. But it's also the little things ... like ... big, comfy bed. The shower head in our shower. Sounds silly, but I swear the pressure and amount of water is just perfect. The whole assortment of kitchen utensils and pots and pans, unlike the few we have in Baltimore. Abby simply enjoying our house. The quiet.

Although already missing family, I'm happy to be home. It just feels right and I'm so anxious for the hubs to join us. TWO more games!!!! :)

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! :D

~Erin
http://dreamingwithmidnite.com

~Rachel said...

Isn't it so nice? I have been trying not to mention just how GREAT our bed is, since Willie is still enjoying the rental bed in B-more.
I totally forgot how nice it is to be home too. Just the feeling of comfort is oh so nice!
Enjoy it all girl!!

Carol said...

So glad you are back! Please tell me you didn't go to Jason's and not call me!!! I can't wait to pick up our routine :)